Powered By Blogger

Monday 7 November 2011

Sussex League Flashback - Oakwood vs. Shoreham

Clubhouse and cover at Tinsley Lane
Due to me attending the Rugby League double header at Wembley this weekend, I didn't manage to get to a game. So, following on from last week's Sussex Senior League game at Dorking Wanderers, here are some pictures of Oakwood's home game with Shoreham from the 2008 - 2009 season.

Kick off.
Unfortunately this game didn't have nearly as many goals as the game last week. In fact there weren't any at all. As far as I remember there were few chances although Oakwood did miss a sitter towards the end of the match.

View towards one of the goals.
The nearest station to Tinsley Lane is Three Bridges which is about a 30 - 40 minute walk away. Trains depart from either London Bridge or Victoria and the journey takes just over thirty minutes. I walked past The Snooty Fox which was the only pub I saw on the walk to the ground. The clubhouse is quite large and from memory I think it had a TV.

Oakwood push for the winner.

No comments: