Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 26 February 2020

Hosts Prevail In Must Win Derby - CB Hounslow vs. Hanworth Villa

Club buildings at The Lair
The Combined Counties Premier Division was one of the first divisions which I completed and I restored this achievement last night with a visit to CB Hounslow - well until next year when Jersey come up. Quite a few seasons ago I saw a Hounslow game at their old ground at Osterley Sports Club in an end of season match up. I had intended to visit a couple of Tuesday agos but illness put an end to that plan. There is just over three miles between the two grounds and this derby was a must win for the hosts. They sat bottom, level on points with Hanworth but had played five games more. CB Hounslow had won another important home game on Saturday, beating Raynes Park Vale one nil.

Elevated stand at The Liar
From the start there is only team that looks winning the game. Hounslow should do better with a free header but they take the lead when the busy midfielder perseveres with an attack and when the ball falls to his team it is slotted home. In the early stage of the second half, the visitors are caught out by a free kick to the near post which is tucked home. The Hounslow man completes his hat trick (the third I've seen in a fortnight or so) as Hanworth don't deal with a long ball forward that ends up in the back of the net.

Seconds before the second goal
If the Piccadilly Line had behaved I would have gone to Hatton Cross and broken up the half hour walk by stopping off at Green Man but I instead had to alight at Hounslow West which proved to be a blessing in disguise. I instead visited The Bell which had the sports channels and from very near by I was able to take the 423 to right out side the ground with the trip taking around twenty minutes. Sadly the club is having a licencing issue which meant that no alcohol was able to be served. Which is a shame as I really liked the new set up and I hope they can alleviate this issue soon.


A first half CB Hounslow corner


No comments: